Here's a full-flavored, quick + easy weeknight meal: Spaghetti with Garlic Chili Oil, Spinach + Olives. All you need is 20 minutes and 7 ingredients and you're on your way to Italy!
This is a great go-to meal because it really uses up those pantry staples. AND if you like a spicy pasta, this one is for you! This spaghetti will keep your belly full and your heart warm all winter.
What you need to make Spaghetti with Garlic Chili Oil:
1 Pound Spaghetti Or Angel Hair Pasta, dried. Check to see it's vegan. I like to use chickpea pasta for the extra protein.
3-4 Tbsp Olive Oil or more if needed
1 -2 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Chili Flakes more if you like it spicy
4 -5 Cloves Garlic sliced
½ Cup Castelvetrano Olives chopped
1 -2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped
2 Cups - Fresh Spinach chopped
Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
For the Pasta
You can really use any pasta you like. I find that noodles work best in this dish, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
What are Castelventano Olives?
These are my favorite olives! If you haven't tired them, and you are an olive fan, check them out.
Castelvetrano olives are a Sicilian green olive famous for their green color, irresistible buttery-sweet flavor, and crisp, meaty texture. The mild, buttery flavor makes them sing in almost any recipe.
Castelvetrano olives are also known as Nocellara de Belice.
You can certainly use whatever olives you like or have on hand. Castelvetrano just happen to be absolutely delicious in this pasta dish.
Toasted Chickpeas (for extra protien)
Serve this with:
Spaghetti with Garlic Chili Oil, Spinach + Olives
- 1 Pound Spaghetti Or Angel Hair Pasta, dried. Check to see it's vegan
- 3-4 Tbsp Olive Oil or more if needed
- 1 -2 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Chili Flakes More if you like it spicy
- 4 -5 Cloves Garlic Sliced
- ½ Cup Castelvetrano Olives Chopped
- 1 -2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach Chopped
- Salt To taste
- Black Pepper To taste
To make the pasta
- In a large stockpot, bring water to a boil, season the water with salt until it tastes like the sea. Drop in the pasta and cook according to package directions, or until just al dente.1 Pound - Spaghetti Salt - to taste
To make the Sauce
- While the pasta is cooking, in a frying pan, over medium low heat, heat the olive oil with the crushed red pepper and sliced garlic until the garlic is translucent. (about 3 mins) Be sure to swirl the pan to prevent the garlic from sticking and burning. Then turn the heat down to low. 4 Tbsp - Olive Oil1-2 Tsp - Crushed Red Pepper Chili Flakes4 - 5 Cloves - Garlic (sliced)
- Add olives and parsley to the garlic chili oil. Keep cooking gently over low until the pasta is ready. ½ Cup - Castelvetrano Olives (Chopped)1 - 2 Tbsp - Parsley (Chopped)
- Chop spinach and set aside2 Cups - Fresh Spinach
- When the pasta is al dente (cooked with a little bite), reserve ¼ cup of the cooking liquid, and drain the pasta in a colinder. Do not rinse the pasta.
- Begin to heat the Garlic Chili Sauce up, by turning the heat to medium. Act quickly here, once hot, add the chopped spinach and the reserved cooking liquid and let simmer 1 minute.Chopped spinach Reserved cooking liquid
- After 1 minute, add the pasta. Using tongs, mix the pasta with the sauce, making sure to coat each strand. Allow to cook for 1- 2 minutes or until the pasta has fully been coated in the sauce.
- Top with a little more chopped parsley, serve with love and enjoy! 🙂
Did you make this recipe? I would love to know! Please leave a star rating and comment if you loved this recipe!https://www.pinterest.com/thevirtualcaterer/
This post may contain some affiliate links. If you choose to buy something from that link I may earn a little commission.