Tomato Onion Jam is easy to make and will elevate your sandwiches, burgers and sliders to the next level. The subtle sweetness pairs especially well with meaty portobello mushrooms, steak and ground beef.
What you'll need
Try this jam on:
Tomato Onion Jam
Add some glamor to your burgers, sliders and sandwiches! This jam is savory and sweet and a wonderful alternative to ketchup!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 tablespoon
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion sliced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes chopped
- ¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- In a 4 quart saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced onions and salt, stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until soft and lightly golden. (Keep an eye to make sure the onions don’t burn)
- Add tomatoes and sugar, cook 5 minutes or until tomatoes start to break down into a sauce. Using a spatula, smash the tomatoes down into a sauce. Cook 1 -2 more minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the jam comes together.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Use as a flavorful sauce for burgers, sliders and sandwiches.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1238mg | Potassium: 265mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 533IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @thevirtualcaterer or tag #thevirtualcaterer. Leave a comment with a rating below to let other readers know how this recipe worked for you!
Leave a Reply