These Scrambled Eggs with Pesto and Goat Cheese are packed with veggie and full of flavor! These eggs make a quick and easy weekday or weekend breakfast, or even a delicious dinner.
What you need to make these Scrambled Eggs with Pesto and Goat Cheese
Sweet Potato or Yam
Basil Pesto - prepared or scratch made
Oil or Butter
What to serve with these scrambled eggs:
Serve these eggs with a light salad, fresh fruit, crispy, smashed potatoes or some fluffy brown rice.
How to store these eggs:
These scrambled eggs are best served right away. Leftovers can be stored, covered, in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat leftovers in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Scrambled Eggs with Pesto and Goat Cheese, Spinach and Sweet Potato
- 5 Large Eggs
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach
- 2 Tbsp Basil Pesto prepared
- ¼ Cup Goat Cheese crumbled
- 2 Tbsp Butter or Oil divided
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Wash, peel and chop sweet potato into small ¼"cubes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil or butter in a pan over medium heat and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally or until cooked thorough.
- Remove from pan, add remaining tbsp butter or oil to melt and coat pan.
- Whisk eggs with water, salt and pepper, and add to pan. Let cook gently, and every minute, using a rubber spatula, scrape the eggs from the side and bottom of the pan.
- When eggs look mostly firm but still a little runny, add the cooked sweet potato and spinach. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Top the eggs with the pesto and crumbled goat cheese. Divide between 2 plates, serve with love and enjoy!